At the end of this project, you will be demonstrate your ability to:
- Create wireframe options for your webpage
- Optimize images for the web in a photo editing application
- Crop and or re-size images
- Create a vertical navigation or horizontal navigation
- Use the background property
- Nested and float elements
- Create layers within CSS
You will create a Visual Narrative of a Event/Activity/Journey with the use of a photo gallery using Photoshop, XHTML and CSS.
- 6 pictures/images (minimum, you can use more) of a event/activity to create a visual narrative. So, it needs to follow in sequence.
- A description of each image. (It must flow like a mini story!)
- Background image behind the website
The web must of consist of
- Directory structure is required
- External Style Sheet
- A navigation/menu
- Six images (minimum) on the home page
- Website width is set to 960px
- Research – DUE November 15, 2016
- Part 1 – Images
6 pictures/images (minimum) of a event/activity to create a visual narrative/story (journey). So, it needs to follow in sequence.
- Part 2 – Story DUE November 23, 2016
Have your Title/Name of website; and write a description of each image.
It’s must flow like a mini story!
- Part 1 – Images
- Sitemap – Not needed
- Wireframe – DUE November 17, 2016
Two Layout Options:
- Layout 1 – Create wireframes for the home page and second page.
- Layout 2- Create wireframes for the home page and second page.
- Design (Photoshop/Image editor file) –DUE November 23, 2016
Choose one layout option of wireframe and create the look/design of the Home page and Story page (choice of colors, images/patterns, font type)
- HTML and CSS – DUE December 2, 2016
- Home page (index.html)
- Second page (e.g. story.html, name the files accordingly)
- Presentation of Websites DUE December 5-7, 2016
Midterm Project –December 2, 2016
All deadline are at the end of the day.
Format for Submission of Project
Upload to all files to Google Classroom > Visual Narrative in a folder Last Name_First Name-Midterm
DUE on Friday December 2, 2016